We are a fabless semiconductor optics company on a mission to revolutionize optical sensing and empower billions of devices with new information. Using our metasurface technology, we are changing the way that people and machines interact with and understand the world.
- Metalenz launches its metasurface optics on the open market in partnership with UMC
- Parts pass module-level reliability for top OEM
- Portfolio expands to polarized optics w/ launch of PolarEyes™ sensing & Gemini™ Illuminators
- World’s first metasurface product in mass production with STMicroelectronics
- Orion™ dot pattern projectors announced
- STMicroelectronics partnership announced
- High volume production ready
- Designed-in, Time-of-flight reference platform
- Single metasurface imaging invented by Metalenz
- Metalenz moves HQ to downtown Boston
- First high-volume manufacturing demonstration wafers
- Metalenz founded by Rob Devlin & Federico Capasso
- First capture of high-quality images with metasurfaces at Cambridge office
- Metalenz secures exclusive license to Harvard IP
We are a team that values critical and creative thinking and encourages new ideas and complex problem solving.
We work hard, we celebrate.
We are proud to have cultivated an environment of constant collaboration and mutual respect- with egos left at the door.