Semiconductor Wafer Processing Technician
Metalenz is a growing, venture-backed start-up that is the first to commercialize meta-optics and enable the next generation of 3D sensing in consumer electronics, automotive and industrial robotics markets. Built on research from Harvard University, Metalenz has 20+ patents on innovations that simplify and improve optical devices. Unlike traditional optics, the company’s metasurface technology provides complex, multifunctional optical performance in a single semiconductor layer, relocating large-scale production of optics to semiconductor foundries, that print lenses like computer chips.
Metalenz recently closed a $30M Series B financing led by Neotribe Ventures, and returning investors including 3M Ventures, Applied Ventures LLC, Intel Capital, M Ventures, TDK Ventures, and Foothill Ventures. Now in the market, Metalenz metasurface optics will be in millions of consumer devices this year.
Based in downtown Boston near TD Garden, Metalenz is conveniently located across the street from North Station.
We are seeking a skilled Semiconductor Wafer Processing Technician with a background in wafer fabrication and metrology to join our team. Reporting to the Metalenz Fab Manager, you will have the opportunity to be a part of the core group shaping the future of Metalenz and make significant contributions to our technological development.
What you’ll do
- Work with Metalenz process engineers in a shared user 100 clean room environment.
- Process glass wafers through multiple semiconductor fabrication and metrology steps.
- Record work on the electronic tracking system
- Create and track statistical process control (SPC) or control charts to highlight trends and potential excursions to the engineering team
- Visual and electrical inspection of wafers in-line during processing
- Ability to execute work with minimal supervision on assigned tasks
What you’ll need
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on wafer fab experience
- Experience with the following wafer processing techniques
- PECVD, RIE, Photolithography, Wet Etch, Optical Microscope, SEM, Ellipsometer, Dicing Saw
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.
What we offer
- Competitive salary, 401k with company contribution, pre-IPO stock options
- Based in downtown Boston near TD Garden, Metalenz is conveniently located across the street from North Station.
- Competitive benefits package including company-paid health, dental, vision, life, LTD/ADD
- Company contribution to Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Collaborative office space, flexible work schedule with hybrid and/or work-from-home arrangements for qualified positions.
- Complimentary snacks and drinks, and occasionally lunch
- Free gym and bike parking – on-site
- Fun, energizing, highly collaborative environment in which each team member has the opportunity to make an impact.
Metalenz is an equal opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, genetic information, or any other category protected by law.