Computer Vision Intern
Metalenz is at the forefront of driving innovation in optics with metasurface technology, providing solutions that redefine the possibilities of mobile imaging and sensing. Metalenz is the first company to bring metasurfaces to mass markets, with millions of its meta-optics already integrated in consumer devices, combining the functionality of three or four complex lenses and components into a single flat device, mass-produced in existing semiconductor foundries.
The Company’s latest product, Polar ID, is a groundbreaking imaging sensor solution that can see what no other sensor can see, enabling secure and affordable face unlock for all smartphones. This system-level solution harnesses the unique capabilities of metasurface optics together with machine vision algorithms to bring a new form of sensing to mobile devices for the first time.
Metalenz is built on foundational research from Harvard University, and backed by venture arms of Intel, 3M, TDK, and others.
Metalenz is developing next-generation sensing systems for consumer electronics with metasurface technology. As an intern on the computer vision team, you will help develop computer vision and image processing algorithms to work with our engineered meta-optic camera systems. A successful candidate will be able to implement, profile, and improve existing and new computer vision algorithms for tasks in biometric analysis, 3D imaging, and classification.
What you’ll do
- Conceive and implement computer vision algorithms using our unique meta-optic capabilities and bring truly secure authentication to mass market
- Build and improve models across facial identification, presentation attack detection, and scene synthesis
- Quantize, optimize, and deploy models on mobile systems
- Configure and develop machine learning pipelines, including data management and performance analysis
- Implement your algorithms towards our unique camera hardware
- Collaborate by writing documentation, engaging in code review, and commenting on design documents
What you’ll need
- Working towards MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant field and/or demonstrated excellence in relevant technical domains through open-source contributions or publications
- 5+ years’ experience building computer vision solutions
- Understanding of methods and tooling, from OpenCV to deep learning approaches (i.e. Tensorflow, PyTorch, Jax)
- Working understanding of model optimization and deployment on performance-constrained systems towards fast inference times (particularly TFLite, or familiarity with neural processing SDKs such as SNPE)
- Knowledge of cameras, image processing, and computer vision techniques
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices (version control, data provenance, code profiling and unit tests)
- Proficiency in Python, C++, and/or Julia
What we do
- Work with consumer electronic OEMs to commercialize meta-optics
- Design next-generation optical systems for emerging consumer applications like 3D sensing
What We Offer
- We provide competitive compensation
- Pre-tax commuter plans
- Hybrid working model
- Casual dress code
Metalenz is an equal-opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, or genetic information.