Metalenz is at the forefront of driving innovation in optics with metasurface technology, providing solutions that redefine the possibilities of mobile imaging and sensing. Metalenz is the first company to bring metasurfaces to mass markets, with millions of its meta-optics already integrated in consumer devices, combining the functionality of three or four complex lenses and components into a single flat device, mass-produced in existing semiconductor foundries.
The Company’s latest product, Polar ID, is a groundbreaking imaging sensor solution that can see what no other sensor can see, enabling secure and affordable face unlock for all smartphones. This system-level solution harnesses the unique capabilities of metasurface optics together with machine vision algorithms to bring a new form of sensing to mobile devices for the first time.
Metalenz is built on foundational research from Harvard University, and backed by venture arms of Intel, 3M, TDK, and others.
Metalenz is developing next-generation sensing systems for consumer electronics with metasurface technology. As an intern on the camera software team, you will help develop applications that make use of our meta-optic camera systems. A successful candidate will be able to design, implement, and deploy software for testing/tuning these systems in practical applications.
What you’ll do
- Design and implement software applications that make use of our unique camera hardware
- Deploy, test, and optimize these apps on mobile devices
- Collaborate by writing documentation, engaging in code review, and commenting on design documents
- Engage with other teams (product, engineering, marketing) to design and deploy software that supports our goals as a company
What you’ll need
- Currently has or in the process of obtaining a BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant field
- Proficiency in systems programming using C or C++
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices (testing, version control, code review)
- Experience with methods and tooling for building and deploying applications for embedded systems (Android, iOS, Arduino, Raspberry Pi), either through previous internship or classroom work.
- Preferred: familiarity with Android Studio or IOS application development tools
What We Offer
- We provide competitive compensation
- Pre-tax commuter plans
- Hybrid working model
- Casual dress code
Metalenz is an equal-opportunity employer. The Company is committed to providing an open and inclusive environment for all of its employees. The Company prohibits any discrimination on the basis of gender, gender identity, pregnancy, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, criminal record, or genetic information.